Wall tiling -- ready for grout!

It's been a while since the last update. I had to go on a couple of work trips, one for product training, the other for a team meeting. My progress on bathroom projects was a little limited. I did get to dig holes and trenches and drive machinery for a few days in Florida. Here, I'm getting ready to dig a trench with a compact track loader:


Back from my work trips, I set out to get the tile installed. I sealed all the screw positions, seams, and changes in plane, as recommended in the GoBoard install instructions.

With that step done, I set up the laser level at the middle of the back wall of the shower.


Then I set up a ledger board to support the first course of tile.


Making progress. First few courses are up. Ran out of mud and dinner was ready.


At the end of the first night of tiling, I made great progress. It's pretty fast when you aren't running up and down two flights of stairs to the tile saw.


Another weekend and more walls are done. There were many trips up and down stairs to get all the cuts made, including the tricky ones where the tile meets the ceiling.


I finished up this afternoon with the niche. This was a fussy addition but one that will serve us very well. We'll have a grown-up bathroom with proper in-shower storage.


Next up: clean off the excess thinset then grout. Progress indeed.




Comments

  1. Outrageously impressed. It looks just stunning! I appreciate how your description of the work reveals your focus on precision. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment