Floor install

The bath floor is installed except for the grouting.

We opted to install a heated floor. The heating element is embedded in an uncoupling membrane. Last week, I installed the membrane, which looks kind of like Lego in that it has a regular series of studs that hold the heating wire. Shown below is a photo of the grid, as installed, along with the initial tile layout.


After figuring out our cuts, I set off to work setting tiles and working on the layout.



About half-way done. The tile leveling system (self-spacing, self leveling) we opted to use worked well to get a nice, flat floor surface.


Finally finished, after about 7 hours work:


Next up is to grout, make a custom floor transition out of the bathroom to the hallway, and clean up some of the excess thinset that ended up on the walls. Oops.



Comments

  1. I like how all those edge tiles have their own "Hello My Name Is" sticker on them! Those green thingies are really weird looking. I'm sure if I saw them at Habitat ReStore I would have no idea what they were for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment