Putting things together

I finished hanging drywall on Saturday. It feels like a big step towards completing the project. We now have walls!

My work area was outside on the driveway. I set up a few sawhorses and made an impromptu work table with scraps of plywood. After making cuts for the junction boxes and other openings, I had all the pieces hanging on the wall by lunchtime. I put up a first coat of mud, but then ran out, and didn't want to go to back to the store. I'll make a stop off this week for more provisions.

I turned my attention this afternoon to the cabinet for the vanity. I fitted the door and mocked up the drawer placement this afternoon. It's looking great.


Bevel trim to face the plywood is glued onto the cabinet:


I'll fit the drawer fronts to the cabinet soon, then will lay everything out to get a few coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. Thrilled with how this cabinet has turned out!

It started snowing on Saturday and I wanted to work quickly to get all of the oddly-shaped cuts made before my work zone was covered with snow. It snowed the rest of the day and all through the night. We woke up this morning to a fresh blanket of around 9".


Comments