Passed rough inspection!

We're past a key inflection point in the project: the rough inspection. My work passed muster with the building inspector, which is a fantastic outcome.


The previous night,  I re-evaluated at what needed to be done, trying to get far enough ahead so that I could have the building inspector check off my work so I can hang drywall and start putting things back together.

I made a brief list on Thursday night and made it to Home Depot at 6:00 AM when they opened.

By 8:30, I was confident I would be ready for the inspector later in the afternoon. I called right away when the inspector's office opened, securing a 2:00 PM appointment. After minding the dog, I proceeded to finish up a few important steps:

1. Finish rough plumbing:

I needed to sweat pipes for the sink and toilet supply lines, plus the shower valve. I did not burn down the house, though it's impossible to fully protect framing from charring when soldered in situ.


2. Tidy wiring:

I cleaned up the wiring and mounted the final outlet boxes in place. 

I pulled out the laser to locate the octagon boxes on either side of the medicine chest for the sconces:


Rough work complete, looking neat and tidy:



Tomorrow, I'll put down the new plywood subfloor, move the shower base in place, and then I can start hanging drywall and backer board. I hope to be surrounded by new wallboard by the end of the day Sunday!


Comments