More behind-the-scenes work

Today started with a review of the cut floor joist. It looks like the sistered member  extended further than I thought towards the south. Here's a view from the side of the old tub:




On the back side, the notching is rather extensive:


I shored up the cut joist with a strap tie and an additional sistered member to give greater peace of mind.



I moved on to working on electrical routing. Here's the circuit box for the towel warmer controller:


I also marked and cut for a scuttle to access the attic, mainly to have a place to mount the new remote-mount bath fan.



I tied in the new outlet ductwork for the bath fan: It's much more secure than the old ducting.


Finally, I wrapped up tonight with laying out the first of the re-soldering I need to do. It was getting a little late, so I cut and dry-fitted these fittings only. Tomorrow, I'll sweat these few connections and then we'll be ready for our rough inspection. 


Presuming we pass the rough inspection on Friday, I should be able to start hanging drywall and tile backer this weekend. I will need to add a bit of blocking in places to support the shower door, the foot perch inside the shower, towel racks, and other fixed-mount bath fixtures. I'll also need to source some moulding to support the scuttle, in addition to adding a bit of framing.

Very happy with the progress this week.

Comments