Plumbing weekend

This weekend's big focus was plumbing. 


I'm nearly complete with adding the new water distribution in the bathroom and throughout the house. I have a couple of additional tweaks to make, but we are almost ready for inspection.

Thanks to a recommendation from good friends, we went with a PEX manifold with "home runs" for much of the plumbing.





It's too bad some of these things will get covered up by backerboard in a few short weeks.


I also worked on adding the hot-and-cold hose bibb to the side of the house this afternoon. Ms. K took a video of me drilling holes through the masonry to add the new faucet. This will be the future of dog and car washing at our house...we just need to get a hose rated for hot water!






On another note: I picked up the new sink at Home Depot and made a run to Woodcraft for shop supplies and cabinet parts for the new custom medicine chest. I think I spent too much time on projects this weekend!


Comments