Bathroom weekend progress

Slowly during the week, I made more progress on the bathroom renovations. I pulled nails, cleaned up, and prepared for a friend to join me on Friday to move the tub out.

I saved the medicine chest and stored it in the basement so I can strip the paint and prepare it for repainting. Inside, I found a multitude of nails that the original carpenter left behind:


It was interesting to see how the tub was installed once we pulled the beast out. It weighs hundreds of pounds. The original builder tapered and notched the studs. This made pulling the tub out a bit more interesting, and by interesting, I mean more difficult. I have to rebuild part of this wall to provide support for the sink, medicine chest, and plumbing for the tub and shower.


I stuffed most of the pile of loose-fill insulation back in the wall and put fiberglass batts in the remaining openings. What a difference insulation makes! Already it is much less frigid in the room.



We had the electrician stop over today to put together a quote for providing the electric service to the room. My next steps are to cut over to the new in the plumbing for the supply lines, then work on new drain and vent lines for the sink, tub, and toilet. If all goes well, we could be putting the tub back in the room next week. Progress!




Comments

  1. Amazing progress! I still can't believe you and B managed to pull the tub out of there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment