Preparing for door panels and drawer fronts

Having a full week off from work has allowed some major progress on the doors and drawer fronts for kitchen cabinets.

Earlier this summer, we brought home 1/4" Baltic birch plywood for the door panels. Today was the day to start cutting!

I had a lot of cutting to do to get all of the pieces. I found a software package (Cutlist, available here) to help optimize the cut list for the parts I needed to cut.


The program made an easy-to-use visual representation of where to make the cuts in order to select the cutting order and to know what parts to keep and which are scrap.


I braved the cold, broke down the sheets of plywood in the driveway, and then brought those inside for finish cutting on the table saw. All of the center panels are cut, organized, and labeled in the basement. I even had a chance to get started on sanding.

Hopefully tomorrow, the glue-up for the doors can start (fingers crossed)!

Comments