OH MY LORD THIS IS A DISASTER

It is appliance delivery day. New refrigerator! New range!

THE REFRIGERATOR DOES NOT FIT THROUGH THE DOOR TO THE HOUSE. None of the doorways, not even with the doors off. It is sitting on the driveway until I can decide what to tell the delivery people. They are working on installing the new range right now. At first, I dismissed what they said about the new refrigerator because it's EXACTLY what the removal people from H4H said this morning when they took away the old appliances. "I, uh, don't think this thing is going to fit! What did they do, build the house around it?" Yes, that's what they did in 1929. They back-to-the-futured a refrigerator from the early 1990s and built the house around it. Ha ha ha, you are so funny and I very much appreciate the panic attack you are giving me. Guess what, dear readers? The old unit was removed and we didn't have to tear down the house. It ALWAYS fits, no matter what delivery people say. Except for this one time that is happening right now and Nate is not here. We measured so carefully! How did this happen?

Stupid old houses and their stupid small doors. GAH!!!!!

I just know we are going to end up with four stacked dorm refrigerators because nothing else will fit into the house. IF THIS HAPPENS, I'm going to at least paint them awful colors like a Harlequin VW Golf. Maybe I'll even put in a horn. BEEP BEEP, here comes the milk!

Dairy delivery!
It's cold outside, so our food is fine in an ice chest in the garage, but this is really not good. Maybe we will just keep the refrigerator in the garage. Except wait, it is a 1-car, 0-electricity garage! Ha ha ha. Oh my lord. 

UPDATE: I sent the refrigerator back. We are going appliance shopping tonight, tape measures in hand. 

UPDATE 2: We returned home with only one dorm unit, 25% of the way to my Harlequin VW Golf-style vision. 

UPDATE 3: Thursday evening, we ordered a new refrigerator that should definitely fit the space and through all doors. It will be delivered in two weeks. 

Comments