On the positive side...

The sunflower seeds I planted on the south side of the house (along the driveway and the very warm brick exterior) did very well! I chose two varieties: Irish Eyes and Ring of Fire. I'll repeat sunflowers in this spot next year.

Of the three to four columbine seeds I started in the basement, one sprouted. I planted it outside under the lilac, a part shade/part sun spot. It's going strong and I'm looking forward to blooms next year from Mrs. Scott Elliot.

I also planted cockscomb under the lilac. I probably won't waste any time starting annuals from seed in the basement again, but this one is finally blooming and it makes me happy.

The alyssum seeds I planted in the rectangular planter in the front took off like crazy. I'll do this again next year as well but will add something tall in the back of the box.

Comments