Wee beginnings!

The snow is gone, the sun is shining, the temps have been unpredictable but notably warmer...it's nearly time for things to almost start happening! (Do you sense some hesitation?)

I've been checking the bulb patches periodically for signs of life. Not too often because I don't want the little bulbs to feel hounded, but I haven't been able to keep myself from checking a few times a week for the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday, I noticed some shoots in the front side bed. After referencing my planting map, I believe these are the crocus bulbs.




This last little one is so small that I lost sight of it when I picked up the camera. I drew a circle in the dirt to help me spot it through the viewfinder.

Hello, little guy!


Naturally, this happens right before we're supposed to get a few inches of snow. Blast.


Comments