Power tool fun

One of the obstacles to doing some of the projects I wanted was having the right tools to start from raw-cut lumber. We're fortunate that there's a great lumber mill with excellent selection and pricing that's conveniently on my way home from work (Kettle Moraine Hardwoods). I guess I have visions of grandeur: building furniture, creative wall hangings, and cutting boards in the comfort of my basement.

Putting the cart before the horse, I picked up a few tools to add to my arsenal:

First, a jointer:

Second, a planer:

Both were well-priced when I bought them (the jointer, a find off Craigslist; the planer, on deep discount at Neu's Hardware's Tool Days sale).

Once I have the wood shop built, I'll be excited to have these set up and ready to make noise, dust, and wood chips!

Comments