Storm windows - step B: assemble windows

The WoodEpox has dried! I spent a Saturday a few weeks back putting the windows together. Not shown is the excitement of bedding the glass and using glazing points to hold the panes of glass in. 

Repairs made with WoodEpox look good:


My first attempt at glazing isn't terrible. This window is for one of the upstairs bedroom windows so the quality of my work won't be as easily seen. Good thing I had five more windows to practice on before I get to the front windows! Technique. It's all in the technique. 

I used Glazol on four windows and Wonder Putty on two. For this "cure in the basement" project, the Glazol is the winner. It cures faster and is a little easier to work with. 



Tonight, I primed both sides of the rebuilt windows. Here's one of the primed, assembled sash, ready for paint:


So far, I'm satisfied with the work. We'll see how well they stand the test of time! These were great practice for one of the next stages of the project...


Comments