Potatoes and more!

I keep meaning to post a picture of some garden-fresh zucchini, but I never remember to take one. Instead, here's a peek at soon-to-be zucchini. I can't bring myself to snap off the blossoms for stuffed squash flowers. They need time to fulfill their destiny. 

The potatoes continue to make a fool of me.


I fear the morning glories will make a fool of me as well, for though they have grown and grown and grown, there are absolutely zero flowers yet.

We probably should start harvesting the green onions. I don't know - I've never grown these.

Heirloom tomatoes will soon be ours!

So will some cherry tomatoes! (Actually, we have eaten one or two of these orange babies already. Sun-warmed tomatoes freshly plucked and immediately popped into your mouth? Pretty much one of the best things ever.)

The rhubarb back-up singers will be ready for full-time gigs in a few years. Probably not by next year, but I can wait.


Nate planted a seed for a yellow squash. I laughed at him, but he said it has a 50-day maturation period. I dig it now!
Look at the plant near the flag, not at the terrible creeping charlie. That damn stuff is everywhere. It always makes me cringe in these blog photos, but oh well. 

Comments

  1. That's what Morning Glories do! They grow and grow and sow doubts... but then they'll surprise you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment