Poppy panache and other front yard updates

I love this poppy. It keeps going and going!

Five blooms and still more buds! 
The artemesia is loving life after we pulled back the landscaping cloth and gave it some room to breathe!
"I'm so happy, I'm flowering!"
 Same goes for the sedum brilliant!
"Me too!"
This poor centaurea has been eaten to bits by some terribly hungry bugs. The new growth looks OK; I have been spraying the plant with a mixture of Dr. Bronner's lavender soap, water, and garlic. My hands smell like I've been working in the kitchen all day after I spray that concoction, but I think it is doing the job.

Buddleia is blooming and blooming. I'm so glad I was weak that one day at the garden center and walked out with this! (After paying, of course.)

Purple coneflower finally has some flowers! (This is one of two plants in the front, but I didn't take a picture of the other one.)

Vibernum doesn't look so happy. Mr. H. says that the viburnum at the old house looked pretty crappy the first year, so we'll see how this guy does in the long run.

In contrast, sedum angelina is very happy!




Comments