Unidentified blooming objects

The north side of the house is shady and cool. We have done nothing with the narrow bed there and are thankful for the long-established plants that have appeared this season, even though they were unknown. The unnamed are not necessary the unappreciated.

After googling ridiculous combinations of plant characteristics, I think I have figured out what these things are. Perhaps. (Friends: I am not a plant scientist, so you can imagine the creative searching that occurred.)

Behold, brunnera macrophylla or Siberian bugloss. I love these - the deep green of the wide leaves and the airy purple flowers are incredibly pretty.



Here is its neighbor, aquilegia. Known as Columbine or Granny's Bonnet.  


I learned that columbine has bell-shaped, spurred flowers. (Not "tubes" or "columns" as I was trying to use in searches. I told you - I didn't have a clue.)



I don't know the variety of columbine, but I'm working on it. Regardless, I'm so pleased to put names to these plants! Do you think my identifications are correct?

Comments