SAAAANNNDDDD!

The patio project continues, with deliveries sequenced based on the work to be done.

Over the course of several days, Ms. K and I discussed what to do about sand. In our time together, I think this was the longest conversation regarding aggregate of fine particles we have had. Bulk sand or bags? How much do we need? When should we order it? 

After many discussions, we ended up with bagged sand. I stopped at the building center on my way home and ordered 80 bags for delivery, with specific instructions to deliver the pallet of sand on the driveway as close to the garage as possible, as the patio project is in back.

The day of the delivery, the driver called me first, and because I was unavailable, then Ms K. The conversation went something like this:

Driver: Hello. I am at your house with a delivery of sand for you.
Ms. K: Excellent.
Driver: I have bad news. If I drive my forklift all the way up your driveway, I'm going to tear up your plants.
Ms. K: That's not good. Can you leave the pallet on the boulevard by the driveway instead?
Driver: Yes. That I can do. Thank you! 
When we returned home from work on Thursday, a pallet -- containing 80 bags -- awaited us at the curb. We still needed the sand in back however. We also needed room in front for the stone delivery when it would come the next day.

With a wheelbarrow, six or seven bags at a time, we moved and re-stacked all 80 bags, into a very neat stack in the back yard. Approximately two tons. APPROXIMATELY TWO TONS. Like any big project with lots of manual labor, we both found muscles we had forgotten about.

Two tons of sand.

Now, to wait for the stones to be delivered so the project can really get started!

Comments