Reaching the goal!

A few months ago, I told Mr. H. that I wanted to have a fire over which to cook pudgie pies for my birthday, and a patio on which to sit, and I wanted all of this in our backyard. It's a good thing my guy loves projects. (And his demanding spouse!)

Is this Italy or Wisconsin?
I cut peonies for the tables and added sand to mason jars so I could nestle tea lights in the jars. Unfortunately, the candles are not burning in these photos.

The pudgie pie fixings would be arranged on the table that I positioned 
over unused bags of sand. At least nobody would trip over those lumpy bags!
A fabulous spot for an evening soirĂ©e! 

The lights were a last-minute addition, but I am certainly glad we scrambled! We used poles and bases that Mr. H. put together for our 2013 wedding. They held festive garland at the wedding but served perfectly as light posts for the garden party. (Point of interest: The house had zero outlets outside until very recently and the garage is not electrified. So yes, this means that Mr. H. is also an electrician. He had to drill through the brick wall, string the magic electricity-bringing wire, and install outlets so we could have mood lighting on the patio. Have I mentioned before that he is a prince?)

We put the cauldron-style fire pit in the driveway. (Classy, I know.) It will have a more permanent spot on the patio. 

All in all, I had a great birthday. Thank you, my fine fellow! 

Comments