Farm report!

The crops just keep getting bigger and bigger! I guess that's the goal, right?

The west bed is filled with lettuce that's ready to harvest (and was harvested in short order). I don't know what it is about eating a salad composed of greens from your own yard, but it is about the best salad you've ever had. The greens are almost meaty--they are that substantial. Is that weird?

The tomatoes are doing quite well; we keep pinching off the suckers to focus plant energy on growing fruit instead of branching out. The chard (bottom middle) will be ready in another week or so.


The east bed is humming along! We picked the spinach and added it to the bag o' greens in the refrigerator. In the top right square, you can see that Mr. H. is attempting to make the zucchini climb a net so it grows vertically instead of crowding out its neighbors. Call him crazy--I certainly do--but I think his wacky plan is working.
Lucy is looking for a way in. I like to think that she's after the vegetables, but she might be after the chickity doo doo. (Gross!)

Against all odds and my expectations, the $2.99 box of grocery store seed potatoes can't be stopped!
I only have eyes for you, potato friends. (Get it?) 

Comments

  1. I know exactly what you mean by "meaty" lettuce. Ours is done for the season, so we're back to grocery store lettuce. It just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment