Surprises!

While I was busy telling people about the history of an old house in Milwaukee yesterday, Mr. H. finished the front beds but also did a bit of surprise work in the back.

He created space for an herb garden in a very convenient location: just outside the back door! This patch was previously covered with cream city bricks. And weeds. When the overnight temps are back in the 40s (!), I will transplant the chives and add new tarragon, lemon balm, and thyme for now. The mint and rosemary will stay in pots.



He planted MORE RHUBARB, which thrilled me when I found out.


"I'm tiny now, but give me three years..."

He relocated a shrub (identity unknown) from its position near the stone fence to a spot closer to the house. As it grows and evens out, it will help screen the air conditioner. Or else it won't and we'll take it out.


It had sprouted a little friend, so the friend was moved as well.

We are making progress toward our goal of no grass in the backyard!

Comments