Rhubarb - FIRST HARVEST!

I've been waiting three seasons to harvest this rhubarb. The first season, we planted it in Mr. H's old yard (before we plighted our troths). Last year, it spent some very unhappy months in a pot between the time when we listed the old house and moved to the current place. Finally, this spring is the TIME!


I read that pulling the stalks is better than cutting them, so that's what we'll try to do.

Pretty good harvest! 











What did we make with the first rhubarb? Buttermilk rhubarb muffins!



The leaves are so big that Lucy could be a superhero with a big leaf cape!




(I know they are poisonous - she didn't eat any.)

Comments

  1. I LOVE Lucy's cape!!! When my new baby rhubarb plant is big enough, I'd like to try it out on Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Super Lucy to the rescue! What is her super power, you may ask? She will quench flames with her slobber! She also uses it to cover criminals with it because the slippery substance will prevent their escape until the appropriate authorities can arrive to arrest them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is about right! She's a very slobbery puppy dog.

      Delete

Post a Comment