Spring bulbs

I'm pleased at the bulb showing this year! I think they have all fared very well. According to notes made during planting time, the bulbs have multiplied. We have many more White Triumphator and Demeter flowers than I planted in the fall of 2015. I'm still waiting to see the pink tulips - they bloom a little later. 

Unfortunately, the crocuses have not fared as well; the blooms and leaves get eaten almost as soon as they pop up. Damn squirrels. It's absolutely lovely and a much-needed pick-me-up to see the crocuses pop up one day even though it's still cold outside and doesn't seem warm enough to justify fresh blooms, and then it suddenly gets very depressing when you walk in the yard the next morning and discover that squirrels have mowed through your hope like a football team at a Sizzler salad bar. This means that as much as I love them, I'm not planting any more crocuses. 

May 16

Demeter tulip (purple)

White Triumphator

May 11





May 9

April Queen

April Queen

April 12

Turkish Glory of the Snow and yellow crocus

Vip Van Winkle

Comments